Six Solutions to Protecting Your Information
paraphrased from an article in AZ CPA Magazine March/April 2014 by Marcus A. Clarke
Marcus made the point in his article that hackers and hacking are no longer a teenager in the basement but instead a large, multinational, organized web of cyber criminals. These cyber criminals operate in an underground economy preying on banks and credit card companies. Credit card fraud will likely continue to increase in the future.
Six Precautions You Can Take Now
- Don’t allow personal use of the internet on work computers. If you must, provide separate computers on a separate network for non work use.
- Make sure your computers are free of any malware.
- Make sure you have a verified back up of your data.
- Don’t allow personal email access on business computers.
- If you are still using Windows XP, get rid of it now.
- Use encryption on laptops and usb drives.
Good advice from Marcus. If you need help with any of this call Computer Guy Consulting for a free consultation over the phone. We can assess your needs and schedule a visit to your office or home.